Orkin took the Rogues out of the Sky City of Mire bent on a mission: Get to Glisten and start construction on a new ship. He instructed everyone, especially Captain Fermi of the Frey Bug, that no shore-leaves or “cultural exchanges” would be happening until Glisten.
Double Jump to Debarre
– Baroness Harrison warns that the three Imperial warships in system were there to meet them.
– Five Sisters Admiralty wants Orkin to deliver their “refusal to obey” the Grand Admiral to the Emperor. (Along with their long list of reasons and supporting evidence.) The Captain suspects there may be open war between the Grand Admiral and the Five Sisters before long.
– While Orkin is covertly meeting with the Captain of the Imperial Squadron, a waiter/bartender is paying way too much attention to their conversation. Orkin calls him out and offers to pay him double what he’s getting to join the Rogues. After denying the charges for some time, the spy eventually confesses that he was working for a rival, minority pro-Santanocheev faction in the Admiralty. He sheepishly asked the Captain to report him dead to his former superiors.
Debarre to Walston Gas Giant
– Uneventful refuel
Walston to Pagaton Gas Giant
– Uneventful refuel
Pagaton to Glisten
– Greeted by the Duchess personally upon entry to the system. She greets them warmly, as common friends of Sir Dr Nitar. She is shocked to hear of his death… and requests more details on the event. She had been under the impression that he was being held by the Count of Strouden.
– Orkin goes directly to Blisten Yards in the Pulvis Belt and begins working out the details of his new, upgraded flagship. Naval Engineers from the Glisten Subsector Navy get involved in the project (especially some of the screens tech the Commodore is willing to test out for them.)
Which leaves everyone else with "shore"leave on one of the most urban and developed asteroid belts in the Third Imperium of Man. The system’s heavy traffic is highly regulated (the traffic control department IS the system government)… but on the numerous and highly diverse habitats in the two inhabited belts you can probably find almost any environment you would like.